(Get Answer) – Writing Assignment Analytical Essay 1 Greek Philosophy
Writing Assignment: Analytical Essay #1
Length: 900-1200 words – The paper should be typed, double-spaced and properly documented.The Assignment is Due October 11.
Topic: This paper will various aspects of Greek Philosophy and will be based on readings from textbook (Cole and Symes, pp. 81-85, 90-92) and primary source reader (Perspectives from the Past, pp. 120-140).
Your essay should address the following issues and questions.
- Who were some of the major Greek philosophers?
- What is the subject of Plato’s ‘Apology’?
- Why was Socrates considered by many to be dangerous?
- What does Plato discuss in ‘the Republic’
- What is a dialogue and why is it used by Philosophers such as Plato?
- What is the theme of Aristotle’s ‘Politics’ and what are the differences and similarities to Plato’s work
- What is the legacy of the work of Philosophers like Plato and Aristotle?
Format and Citation – You must use parenthetical citation for direct quotations.Formal citation (footnotes or endnotes and a bibliography) is not necessary unless you use outside resources to supplement your essay.You may use outside sources to augment your discussion if you wish, but it is not required.If you do, you should use the Chicago Manual of Style format.A condensed form of this can be found in Kate L. Turabian’s A Manual for Writers of Term Papers, Theses, and Dissertations.