(Get Answer) – Writing Prompts On Various Case Studies
Prompt 1 – Ms. Arryn, age 35, was given a Pap test during a routine medical checkup. The test showed marked dysplasia of cervical cells but no sign of infection.
1.Discuss the purposes and uses of diagnostic testing and how it applies in this scenario.
2. Discuss how the following terms might apply to this scenario: prognosis, latent stage, remission, exacerbations, predisposing factors
3. Compare and contrast the various types of common cellular adaptations, focusing on dysplasia and the testing for this condition.
Prompt 2 – A young boy, age 2 years, pulled a pot of boiling water over his head, arms, and chest, resulting in a mixed burn to the anterior surface of his head and arms, chest, and feet.
1. Discuss the factors that determine the classification of the types of burns and determine what type(s) this victim probably has.
2. Discuss how the physicians in the emergency room will determine the percentage of the body that may be burned and what special considerations may be involved when evaluating a child.
3. Discuss the additional effects associated with burns and the treatments involved, which include shock, pain, electrolyte and fluid imbalances, respiratory complications, infection, metabolic problems, and anemia.
4. Discuss the actions to promote the healing of burns. Specifically address the problems that may be associated with scarring and the effects of growth that this 2-year-old may experience.
- This assignment must be in APA format: Times Roman 12 font, double spaced, and include title and reference page.
- The assignment must be in paragraph form using complete sentences and avoiding bullet points and numbered list.
- Use a Level 1 heading to separate your sections (Page 62 of the APA Publication Manual).
- Title and reference pages do not count toward the total word or page count.
- At least two outside sources must be referenced and cited in the paper (resources must be peer reviewed from within the last 5 years)
- Minimum of 150 words per prompt
- LINK TO TEXTBOOK: https://ia600208.us.archive.org/24/items/Pathophsy…